I was feeling ambitious this past Halloween, and the BEST part about fall is a having a great cup of coffee in your hand!
I came across this absolutely ADORABLE girl in a Starbucks costume, which I immediately asked myself: that comes in my size, right?!
Turns out, it doesn’t….BUT! It was actually quite easy to make!
I don’t have a ton of pictures during the process, but I’ll walk you through it.
1. My inspiration:
2. I started with a cloth hamper…yes, a hamper. It was the perfect cone shape I needed for the base of the cup, yet had some flexibility so I wasn’t walking around like Frankenstein all night 🙂
3. Since the hamper was striped fabric, all I had to do was cover it with a neutral tan fabric to start my cup. No sewing necessary, hot glue worked just fine for me!
4. I printed a Starbucks logo in color ;as big as the page allowed – standard printing paper). After cutting it out, I used iron on transfer paper to adhere it to some dark green felt.
5. The original hamper already had rope handles, which doubled perfectly as straps! BONUS!
6. For the Frappucino and whipped cream portion of the costume, I cut medium sized circles out of cream colored fabric. Fold it in half, then in half again, to create a wave like form. Starting at one point along the rim, start to hot glue multiple circles over and over to get the ‘topping’ effect!
7. The rest is in the details! I used a Sharpie Paint pen to draw out details: the check boxes on the back, the logo along the side, ‘caution: contents hot’, etc…
You can still be sexy, yet CREATIVE! Being one of a kind is a great thing!